To Do List
- Send GU your transcript
- Fill out your pre-registration
- Review your credits approved by GU
- Look over requirements for your major/school
- Don't just look at courses required, make sure to review requirements regarding the number of credits and number of courses required to graduate
- Set up a meeting with your academic advisor to discuss any questions/concerns
TRANSFER OF CREDIT
Credit toward Georgetown degrees may be given for work done at other accredited institutions. An evaluation of courses accepted for transfer will be sent with or shortly after the notification of acceptance. Please note that transfer credit is determined by the individual Deans' offices and NOT the admissions office. If you have specific questions regarding the transferability of classes you have taken and/or are currently taking, please consult the Course Catalog.
Credit awarded from other institutions are subject to the following limitations:
- Credit for required courses will be given if the course is similar to the one required at Georgetown. (Click here to access the Course Catalog)
- Credit for electives will be given if the course is similar to courses offered at Georgetown. Credit for courses not offered at Georgetown will be considered on an individual basis.
- Grades earned must be at least one level above minimum passing level, (e.g., C). Passing grades on a Pass/Fail system are acceptable if defined as C or better.
- The maximum number of transferable credits is one-half of the total required for the degree (60 credits). All transfer students must enroll as full-time students. They must spend a minimum of four full semesters in residence at Georgetown to earn a degree. Summer sessions and study abroad programs will not count toward fulfilling the residency requirement.
*Note: Core requirements vary depending on your school
*Note: Students must spend a minimum of four full semesters and earn 60 credits in residency at Georgetown to earn a degree.